Some pages may require Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader.
2011 Annual Meeting
A Public Session is planned for Wednesday afternoon beginning at 1:30 p.m.
The purpose of the session is three-fold:
- to expand knowledge of the Niobrara Play
- to promote the field of geology to a wider audience, and
- to provide geologists an opportunity to participate as citizens and professionals in a public forum.
Features of the session include:
- Session open to the public. Invitations and publicity sponsored by the High Plains Economic Development Counsel. Participants seated at tables of 8 with one or two geologists present to act as hosts.
- Presentation by Bob Coskey on the Niobrara Play.
- After the presentation, each table has 15 minutes to discuss and craft a Table Question.
- The Table Questions will be address to a panel composed of Bob Coskey (geology), Lynne Boomgarden (land), Jeff Fassett (water) and Rob Hurles (government affairs).
- Hosting geologist will be asked to act as tour guides to members of the public that would like to visit the Exhibits or the Niobrara Core Museum.
Want to be a hosting geologist? Contact Jim Goolsby
Additional sponsorship provided by: